Monday, August 23, 2010

Sunday's Zentai Alien Hunter Shoot

It was going to be hotter than Hell out on Sunday but we had a good breeze blowing to keep the Mosquitoes and wasps at bay so I opted to wear my other shiny black Zentai suit since this suit breaths a lot better without that rubbery sort of coating the other suit has. Even though on a really hot day I stay very cool in that suit I find it's not that good with a high humidity in the air so a more breathable suit like this one is an awesome option for if you are planning on being out riding and doing photos for a good 3 or 4 hours under the hot sun.









My first stop was out to my favorite vacant field close to Mission street to try and get some of the shots I was trying for on Saturday but the Mosquitoes were so bad I cut my trip out there pretty short. Anyways with a really good breeze blowing I had no problem with the bugs so I think I was able to get the shots I'll need for my sci-fi works over the winter months. That brisk breeze sure made getting some of my props to stay in the right spot though, my shrunken head kept getting blow the wrong way so it took me several attempts to get it just right, but persevere we did ;)








My next stop was out to Assiniboine Park for a nice lunch, chillax for a bit and maybe take some shots with just the Hedgehog backpack and Ray Gun with the hood down. So these last two were just a couple from that set shot out at Assiniboine Park. I had a couple of shots that were overexposed, I'm not really sure how I get those but some of them end up looking kinda neat so I saved them as I might be able to do something cool with them at some point.










After shooting and finishing up my lunch it was time for a couple of laps around the park. Some chickie in a passing pickup truck was "Rubbernecking" it out the passenger side window trying to get a better look as I was riding down the park road close to that big black CN Steam Engine. I had to laugh at that. People seem to really like the suit with all the accessories like the boots and Hedgehog backpack, seems to make a lot of difference, sure on occasion you get the odd "What the F!" from your more "Redneck" variety of folk, but most people either just smile, laugh a little or just outright say how cool they think it looks.

No comments: