Tuesday, November 30, 2010

More Toy Robot 3D Model Reproductions Part 2

For some reason every time I finish a particularly complicated robot I choose a simple project to follow, not that it made making this little guy any easier, although I thought he would be. I started this guy on Friday and finished him up on Saturday. When I was researching reference images I found some great shots of this guy on eBay. I have no idea what his name is though??? At first I thought he was broken and missing parts just because his hands kind of looked unfinished like they should have chrome pincers at the ends or something, but nope, that's just the way he's made, in fact he has three other brothers that complete the series but the blue one was the only one I found multiple pictures of him from different angles so I made him. If I can find good reference images of his three brothers I'll make them in time ;)
This model is available on my Turbosquid.

Here is another little project that I've been also meaning to finally get around to is a 3D reproduction of a toy space tank. You can tell this little guy was made shortly after the movie Forbidden Planet with "Robby the Robot". After that film there were a huge amount of space toys released that looked a little like "Robby", this is one of my favorites. As you can see I still have a lot to do like make the treads, Battery compartment cover, bottom wheels, and add fine details like the little metal tabs and then will finally come the Oh so joyous task of UV Mapping... have I mentioned how much I just love that part :)

No comments: